Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, June 20, 2002

Better GMing
This is something I thought of a while ago to help me find those descriptive words I find myself reaching for in game. In the old days I used to draw maps of all of my major scenes in a game. I don't do that very much these days but I can take the same level of preparation to prepare for the game. What I can do is take one of the writing exercises I read in Writing Down the Bones and apply it to GMing. Before the game, I can picture the location or scene in my head. Once I have it in my head just the way I want it, I'd write down as many descriptive words or phrases I can about that scene. Then I'll have a good list to work from during the game and I can pick and choos from that list. I don't know if that'll work or just be awkward. It may be tough to stop and look at the list in game, but by writing the list, I may be able to remember the key ones better when it comes up in the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home