Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, August 05, 2002

Vasectomy
This morning I went to the Uroligist and took permanent measures. I made the appointment for the Vasectomy a month ago and I have been partially dreading it since. I wasn't worried about wether or not I should do it or anything like that. I was nervous about the procedure itself. I've had a hernia surgery before and a vasectomy is nowhere near as big a deal, but for the hernia I was asleep. For the vasectomy I would be awake and although I knew the doctor would do a good job and make sure I don't feel pain, it didn't seem right. It's a sensitive place to have someone working on and even if I don't feel it, it's someplace I would naturally want to keep knives away from.

It wasn't that bad. It was weird during the procedure but much like getting a tooth pulled out at a dentist, the worst part was hearing the sounds and knowing what is being done. I was going to describe the procedure in more detail, but I decided to spare my readers that. Let me just say that there was no pain just an uncomfortable knowledge of the procedure.

Now, the local anasthetic has worn off and I'm only slightly sore. The doctor gave a prescription for some pain killer, but I don't think I will need it. (Hopefully, I didn't just jinx myself.) The worst part this afternoon hasn't been recovering from the surgery, but a sinus headache from hell. When we got home from the doctor, I took some Ibuprofen and laid down for a few hours. The doctor had recommended I do so for the surgery, but I was doing it hoping to get rid of the headache. I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home