Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, September 23, 2002

Ambercon North- Games
Friday Morning- I ran "Blood and Darkness in the Dreaming City." For the scenario I did something similar to what I had done in the game I ran at ACUS. I split the characters in to two different groups. There were the street kids, a group of homeless kids who look out for eachother, and the demon-hunters, heroic defenders of the city. (The previous game had the street kids and the detectives.) It worked out pretty well as the two groups played off of eachother very well. The street kids were trying to save their friend that had been possessed by a demon while the demonhunters were trying to save the city from an invasion of unseelie fae. Good clean fun.

Friday Evening- I played Anoki in RW's "Here, There and Everywhere." I had fun, but I don't think the character I chose was right for the scenario. Still, it was an interesting game.

Saturday Morning- I ran "Morpheus Calling." It didn't go as smooth as when I ran it before, but everyone had fun. To begin with, I have learned that it is a lot tougher to run something at 9 in the morning then it is in the afternoon. It helps when the GM is awake. Also, I had previously had Carla co-GMing with me and she ran people through some of the beginning scenes. This time I didn't have her help and it took a little longer to get to the big plot. I made some changes to the scenario based on the characters that people selected and I think the changes worked well.

Saturday Evening- I played in Arref's "Bloody Grievance." I took a pregen character and ended up playing the third son of Dworkin, Morgenstern. A little while in to the game I found the character and he was a blast to play, especially with Arref's Dworkin and DJ's Basque (Dworkin's adopted brother). They both did an excellent job with those characters. It was a dark scenario with all of the characters preparing for a hopeless battle. We managed a victory but scarred Amber in the process. The game was a lot of fun with a good mixture of serious scenes and light-heartedness. As slightly amusing note (for those who know Amber)- I humored myself during the game that Morgenstern's horse was named Julian. Unfortunately, Morgenstern never had a reason to say the name of his horse.

Sunday Morning- I ran Nobilis. It went OK. We were all tired from a weekend of gaming and I don't think any of us (including this humble GM) was ready for the serious plot I had planned. Luckilly, one player played Raven (the trickster) and managed to lighten up the group and I changed some NPCs around in the scenario to put more emphasis on the other tricksters, Monkey-king and Coyote. I think the tricksters saved what almost turned into a bunch of sleepy-eyed gamers trudging through the plot. Also we ran in to timing issues as it took us a while to get started. I had to rush the ending (with the help of one player who realized a real quick but unclimactic solution to one of the problems they faced) but in the end I think the players had fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home