Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, November 21, 2002

Ambercon
I've been thinking about it and taking into acccount some excellent comments below, I will limit myself to four games. Now, I have to decide which four. I have more ideas than I listed below and they all sound good.

One idea, I know I won't run. It sounds really fun to me but I doubt I would ever get players. Some day, I would like to run a free-form game where the players take the roles of "the founding fathers" meeting for the Continental Congress in 1776. Each would receive information of who their character was and what the views of the colony he represents was. The game would start pretty straight-forward as the characters debate the possibility of the colonies declaring indepenence and then...something happens. I haven't figured out the exact plot, but I think it would be interesting to play these roles and as the GM it would allow me to mix two of my favorite topics, The American War for Independence (and what led up to it) and gaming.

One thing that I have thought about as I review my games from ACN is that I don't GM as well in the morning. Creativity-juices are low and no amount of caffeine could possibly change that. So, I think I will try to get most of my games at the next con scheduled at either middle or evening slots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home