Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 31, 2003

RPG Meme
Via Arref, via Meera
This seems like a fun one, so here goes:

Years roleplaying: 15

Favourite three characters? (that I've created) This changes all the time. Right now: Lilly, Anoki and Nightshadow

Least favourite character? (that I've created) Lightray. (No relation to the New Gods character) He was the second character I ever created and a Superman clone. He was sooooo boring to play.

Male or female characters? I've played both but I mostly play men since, for obvious reasons, I understand them better. Still, I don't mind playing women and, as I said above, Lilly is currently one of my favorite characters.

Oldest character? Still playing regularly- Yagyu Jubei; That I would still like to play- Nightshadow; First character ever created- The Eagle

Newest character? Etienne du Lac

Most popular character? (to others) not sure. In the Champions group, probably Chango. In the Amber circles, maybe Alexander.

Character you've (made and) never played? The only one that comes to mind is Hotshot, a GURPS: Supers character. Theres a long story as to why he was never played. I should tell you it sometime.

Which character of yours would be most likely to...

Jump off a bridge? I play several superheroes who could do that routinely. If you mean, to take wild chances, Chango.

Get drunk and pass out? Chango.

Kill somebody in a very unorthodox way? Tie: Chango or Alexander. Chango because of plain wierdness. Alexander because....well....

Get married? Besides the ones already that way? Jubei, if the right women comes along.

Be far too hyper for their own good? Chango

Rape somebody? None of my character would ever rape someone.

Be raped? Alexander o_O The only woman I play right now is Lilly and noone would ever rape her. In human form she's really pretty but anyone who touches her would fall unconcious. In demon form, no one would be interested. See the picture linked to below. Alexander on the other hand, is the character who tends to find himself in predicaments like that.

Get lost and refuse to ask for directions? Chango

Get lung cancer? Lazarus Jones. I haven't played him in years but he's the only smoker I've ever played. Hey, it was the forties. What did we know about lung cancer?

Star in a horror movie? Alexander

Star in a whore movie? I didn't know that was a genre. Chango, the electric gigolo

Star in a video game? Jubei

Make the world a better place? Griffon.

Have a torrid gay love affair? (and this isn't their usual proclivity) Alexander.

Relate each word to a character of yours:
Love: Griffon
Hate: can't think of anyone
Money: Nightshadow
Seduction: Chango, the electric Gigolo! At least, he think he's seductive.
Lies: Alexander
Tragedy: T'Kal
Manipulation: can't think of anyone
Violence: Jubei
Politics: Jubei
Fire: Chango
Ice: Alexander

Would you ever...

Play a prostitute? Sure. It's a living.

Play a musician? Yes.

Play a pilot? Already have.

Play a homosexual? Yes.

Play a pedophile? No.

Play a politician? Already have.

Create a character for the sole purpose of smut? Only if that was the theme of the game.

Lastly, take each of your characters and assign a song to them:

That's a lot of characters. For characters that I'm currently playing in regular games- Griffon's easy- "Superman" by Five for Fighting. The song inspired the character. "Cuz I'm not crazy.... or anything." The players in AFDS may notice that now that he's gotten out of his depression, he's that naive and can fly again.

Anoki- a track from Sacred Spirits, a native american/new age band. I can't remember the title.

Jubei- Some traditional Japanese music. Jubei's old fashioned.

Lilly- I'm thinking about this one, I'll get back to it.

Chango- "Superfreak" He's superfreaky. Depending on his mood he can go from Barry White to Reggae, but "Superfreak" always fits him.
Lei Wu Long- "Kung-Fu Fighting"

Conrad Gareth- This is another one I need to think about and get back to.

...and one character that I haven't played in years: Nightshadow's song is the main theme from Dark Man, composed by Danny Elfman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home