Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, July 25, 2003

A poem
An old co-worker from Interfirst sent this to me:

Up there St Peter met me
Standing at the pearly gates,
He said "I must check your record
Please stand here and wait."

He turned and said "Your record
Is covered with terrible flaws,
On earth I see you rallied
For every losing cause."

I see that you drank alcohol
And smoked and used drugs too,
Fact is, you've done everything
A good person should never do.
We can't have people like you up here
Your life was full of sin,
Then he read the last of my record
Took my hand and said "Come in."


He led me up to the big boss and said
"Take her in and treat her well",
She used to work in The Mortgage Industry.
She's done her time in hell".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home