Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, December 15, 2003

Political Link
Kucinich vs Dean

I had not heard that Kucinich was pro-life. Other than that, I like him on all the issues and like him even better knowing that he's working class rather than another rich kid like most politicians. This means he knows what it's like to not have health insurance.

Dean's not a bad guy, but the guy who made the web page that I linked to says exactly the reason I don't like him: He's not a progressive. Yeah, he's lightyears better than Bush but I said after the last election that I was done voting for the lesser evil. Like everyone else, I got scared that the other guy might win and voted for Gore even though I didn't like him. Then, when the recalls were going on he had a chance to fight for democracy and the African-Americans who were turned away from the voting boots by Kathleen Harris I'm voting for what I want. Instead the Democratic Party focused the fight on "hanging chads" and wussed out even further by not fighting when the Supreme Court illegally named a US President. If this is the party that was supposed to be fighting for the working class, african-americans and Democracy, why didn't they fight harder? They barely said a thing about Kathleen Harris taking away the right to vote from all those African-Americans, which was a far greater crime than the faulty voting machines or the Jews voting for Buchanan. Kathleen Harris worked to steal the vote for the Republicans for her own personal gain.

Nader was right. They weren't that different. They gave lip-service to progressive causes, but that was it.

Never again. I'll vote for what I want in a politician from now on and until the Democratic Party grows some balls and starts really fighting for the working class, they aren't what I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home