Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Chainmail
Season two of the Chainmail League started last night. I played two games. I won two games.

"Battles are won by brave men or brilliant plans. Luckily, I have a brilliant plan."
-General Custer

Books

I found out from a guy at the Chainmail league that Robert Asprin has finally returned to writing the Myth books. (This came up because I've nicknamed the Ogre in mt warband "Big Crunch.") It took long enough. I gave up on seeing another book years ago. The last book left off with the cliffhanger. One of the main characters was dying. That was 15 years ago. Well, I guess we still aren't going to find out if he survives. The new book, Myth-ion Improbable is actually set between the third and fourth books. However he promises in the introduction to have another Myth book out later this year.

At Carla's suggestion, I am reading Bordertown. She thought it would help me get the feel I want for "The Dreaming City," one of the games I'm running at ACUS. She was right. The book has given me plenty of inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home