Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, August 30, 2002

Gaming: WISH 11
Have you ever seen or met someone -- in person, on TV, in a movie, or whatever -- who made you think "Oh my goodness, that's my character!" Who was it (if you know), and what were the similarities?

Yeah! It's the casting game with my characters!

I can think of a few of them.

Alexander Dulac Silver- (Amber Diceless) I was looking for a trump image for Alex a while back. It's not easy since Alexander had been described as looking to be in his mid twenties, thin, with white/silver hair and intense eyes. Then I caught a bit of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer on TV and Spike looks exactly as I pictured him. However, it gets better. Carla and I were watching Buffy last Tuesday and the episode had some cool scenes where Spike was just talking not with his usual bad-ass attitude but with more of a self concious "yeah, I know I'm an evil bastard but I still need love" attitude. Suddenly, I could see the actor not only looking like Alex, but playing Alex. You see, usually Spike is just sarcastic and Alex isn't the sarcastic type. Plus, Spike has a psuedo-british accent like Alex would. (Alex was raised in England, spent several years in the US, returned to England in WW2 to join the RAF and eventually moved to the Courts of Chaos. I figure he has a "sorta british" accent.

Jubei- (Champions) Jubei is my immortal Samurai character. Samurai Jack (the cartoon character) IS Jubei. When I first saw the cartoon I was amazed how much he sounded like the voice I use when I play Jubei and the only thing he is missing visually is Jubei's eyepatch.

Chango- (Champions) Chango is a mutant with the ability to generate lightning which almost always ends up being more destructive than it needs to be. (Chango doesn't believe in doing things small.) Dee-Jay from the video game Super Street Fighter 2 looks exactly as I described Chango. I think I may have been unknowingly thinking of Dee-Jay when I described him because I even described Chango as wearing big baggy pants with his name CHANGO in bright orange letters down the sides. (Chango is very flashy and outgoing.)

Lilly- (Champions also) Lilly is a mutant who (like the X-Men character Rogue) steals the lifeforce of anyone she touches. She can also shapeshift which she mainly uses to turn into a demonic looking combat form. Most of the time she shapeshifts into a punk look. There's a character in the comic book Gen 13 that looks exactly how I picture Lilly even down to her clunky boots. I'm not to familiar with the comic but she's the one with black hair with a streak of red.
I'll try and find some pics to post.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home