Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Composition II
I went to my second class this morning. It's kinda weird going to class before work. With my new shift, I don't start until 11:00 so I'm taking classes when most people would be at work. So, I'm in this class with a bunch of kids straight out of high school. The teacher asks a question and they all sit there silent. I started answering all the questions until I got tired of it and sat back to watch them. I feel for the teacher, who is the only one in the class about my age. In my previous college classes it always seemed that the older the student, the more involved he or she is. This class seemed to prove my theory.

The class is on argumentitive papers. The instructor told us on the first day not to write about politics, religion, "the war on terror" or any of the topics people normally argue about. We're supposed to write about things that interest us. Putting aside the fact that I would be interested in writing about politics, religion or other such topics, I was ready to go ahead and write about roleplaying games and movies. Today she assigns the first assignment: a paper on our reactions to the 9/11 terrorist attacks and how it changed us. She gave us an example of how she decided to join the National Guard after 9-11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home