Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, April 21, 2003

Book Meme
(Courtesy of The Ferret)

Bibliomancers Unite!: The Birth Of A Quiz



What books are your comfort reading - the ones you slink back to in times of stress?
Do Superman comics count? If not, then I would say the Elric series.


What was your favorite book as a child, and why?
I couldn't choose just one, but I loved the whole Oz series. They were so magical.

What was your favorite book as an adolescent, and why?
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. It's still my favorite book.

What is the most-unread category of books gathering dust on your bookshelf - the books you've bought but just never got around to reading?
Fantasy. It's taken me a while and several unread books to realize that I'm actually not a fan of the genre. I'm a fan of Michael Moorcock and have enjoyed a few other fantasy novels, but most of the Fantasy novels I've bought have gone unread.

What kind of books would you like to say you read, but never do?
Fantasy. Same as above.

What's the oddest book you ever read?
The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, a really dry book published by Government Scientists in the fifties. The pictures drew me in but the plot hooked me.

What's the book you were never able to get through, despite the recommendations of people you respect?
The Two Towers by JRR Tolkein. I tried. I really did. At least I made it halfway through the trilogy.

What's the book it took you a couple of tries to get into, but was as good as people promised once you finally made it?
Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.

What's your favorite short story... Or do you even have one?
It would probably be an Asimov or Bradbury story, but I can't thin ko one. Perhaps, "Dark They Were and Golden Eyed" by Bradbury.

The desert island. Three books (and collected works don't count; if you want Lord of the Rings, it'll cost you all three slots). Go.
Stormbringer by Michael Moorcock
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
...and believe it or not....
The Bible by various authors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home