Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, April 10, 2003

Hiroshima
In one of my school papers, I described the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings as the only terrorist attacks that were worse than 9/11. My teacher wrote on the paper that they weren't terrorist attacks because it was "a legitimate act of war." Using the FBI's definition of terrorism as a "criminal act done to affect the policies of a government" (a wording done so that people practicing non-violent civil disobedience could be declared terrorists), I would say these were terrorist attacks as they were done by the US to intimidate other governments and as attacks on civilian populaces instead of military targets the bombings were war-crimes. Since I know that the FBI's definition was left vaque and is not a very good definition, I just looked up Terrorism in the Mirriam Webster and it referred to acts of terror and defined acts of terror as: "violence (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands " The US bombing was done to intimidate Japan into giving up the war and to intimidate Russia so it would not try spreading Communism. So, once again I stand by my words. The US commited the greatest terrorist attacks in history.-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home