Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Quote of the Day
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
-Martin Luther King Jr., Accepting Nobel Peace Price, Dec. 10, 1964

I can't say that I agree with the use of the word evil (one of my biggest pet-peeves in speeches is referring to the other side as evil), but I agree with the sentiment.

[edit- I'm not saying that I don't think some people, such as Bush & Co., could be called evil. I'm just saying that I wouldn't refer to them as such in a public speech. Short-sighted? Corporate lapdogs? There are many things I would call them publically. But evil? It just sounds too much like propoganda.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home