Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, November 07, 2003

Quote of the Day
Angel: I watched you, and I saw you called. It was a bright afternoon out in front of your school. You walked down the steps... and... and I loved you.
Buffy: Why?
Angel: 'Cause I could see your heart. You held it before you for everyone to see. And I worried that it would be bruised or torn. And more than anything in my life I wanted to keep it safe... to warm it with my own.
Buffy: That's beautiful. Or taken literally, incredibly gross.
Angel: I was just thinking that, too.

-Buffy tVS 3.8 "Helpless" (The one where Buffy loses her powers)

....and while looking up the full quote, I also found this one from the same episode:

Xander: You know, maybe we're on the wrong track with the whole spell, curse and whammy thing. Maybe what we should be looking for is something like, erm, Slayer kryptonite.
Oz: Faulty metaphor. Kryptonite kills.
Xander: You're assuming I meant the green kryptonite. I was referring, of course, to the red kryptonite, which drains Superman of his powers.
Oz: Wrong. The gold kryptonite's the power-sucker. The red kryptonite mutates Superman into some sort of weird...
Buffy: Guys? Reality?


Proving what a huge dork I am....and how big of dorks the writers of Buffy are: They are both right. Apparently, Oz reads pre-crisis (before 1986) Superman and Xander reads post-crisis Superman.

I wonder if anyone has ever counted how many times BtVS references Superman. It's probably not as often as Seinfeld did, but it does come up a lot on the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home