Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, December 26, 2003

Meme of the year
(Via Eternal Eponine and several others)

1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Went to the emergency room. Also, I started DMing a D&D game after years of being a D&D hater.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I made one last year, I don't remember it so chances are good I did not keep it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Cody and Jen had a baby boy.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Our next door neighbor, Vivian, died. We weren't close but we did talk fairly regularly.

5. What countries did you visit?
Can I say Canada if I only went to Windsor?

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
More time.

7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No particular date comes to mind.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a new job where I make less money but am a hundred times happier.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking with school after the Spring semester.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I passed a kidney stone. Other than that, I had

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Nothing comes to mind right away.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Carla. For being my Samwise G.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Shrub & Co.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Comic Books and collectible "crack" games like Magic the Gathering and D&D Minis all got regular contributions of my money.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ambercon (always get really excited about Ambercon)

16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
"Going Through the Motions" from the Buffy musical. The whole soundtrack will remind me of 2003 because I heard it so many times.....sometimes just because it was stuck in my head.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Neither.
iii. richer or poorer? Neither.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Meditation and exercise.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working at Interfirst.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Christmas Eve dinner was with Carla's family. Christmas was a quiet day at home with Carla.

22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Never fell out of love this year.

23. How many one-night stands?
None. I apparently have less offers out there than my wife.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
"The Prisoner" has always been my favorite TV program. Of shows I saw for the first time this year: "Buffy". However, it was the episodes on DVD that counted as favorites not the ones that were actually aired this year.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Ann Coulter. She barely registered on my radar last year but this year I read some of her stuff.

26. What was the best book you read?
I can't think of anything that really stood out. Fiction-wise, I guess I'd say Agents of Light and Darkness by Stephen Green. For non-fiction, I guess it was the collection of Eugene Debs speeches.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Joss Whedon- The man writes tunes that use demonic powers to get into your head.

28. What did you want and get?
Battlestar Galactica DVD box set. I've been waiting for years.

29. What did you want and not get?
World Peace.....or at least my country working for it.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
X-Men 2

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I can't remember what I did the day of Birthday but I got together with friends that weekend.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not sure.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
I'm wearing more sweaters than I use to. Other than that, same as usual.

34. What kept you sane?
My wife, my friends and my dogs.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That girl from Bulletproof Monk stands out. I can't think of her name right now.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The invasion of Iraq and the lack of good media coverage on all of the Bush regime's crimes.

37. Who did you miss?
Clinton. Goddess help me, I missed Clinton.


38. Who was the best new person you met?
Although I met them previous years, I got to know several friends better this year: Jarrod, Patrick, Matthew, Kristen, John/Jack, Liz and Jeff.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Drink cranberry juice.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Sorry, I can't leave this on an uplifting note...

Mister anchor assure me
That baghdad is burning
Your voice it is so soothing
That cunning mantra of killing
I need you my witness
To dress this up so bloodless
To numb me and purge me now
Of thoughts of blaming you...

Mass graves for the pump and the price is set, and the price is set.

-Rage Against the Machine, "Testify"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home