Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, June 18, 2004

Cult TV Meme
from A2Macgeek.
List from TV guide's Top 25 Cult TV shows

Watched obsessively? Bold them.
Watched regularly but not obsessively? Italic them.
Watched at least one episode but not regularly? Do nothing.
Never watched? underline them.

25. Freaks and Geeks
24. Absolutely Fabulous
23. Forever Knight
22. H. R. Pufnstuf
21. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
20. Twin Peaks
19. Dark Shadows
18. Doctor Who
17. The Avengers
16. My So-Called Life
15. Quantum Leap- I think I've seen every episode 2-3 times already and I still can't wait to get them on DVD.
14. Beauty and the Beast
13. Babylon 5
12. Family Guy
11. Mystery Science Theatre 3000
10. Pee-Wee's Playhouse
9. Xena: Warrior Princess
8. The Twilight Zone
7. The Prisoner- Hands-down, my favorite TV show of all time.
6. The Simpsons
5. Monty Python's Flying Circus
4. Farscape
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer- After The Prisoner, my favorite show. I just started watching it a few years ago and these days I'm running a BtVS RPG, buy the comics and constantly find myself singing the musical.
2. The X-Files
1. Star Trek- I was an obsessive Trek fan before all the spin-off series came out. The original is still the best, in my opinion. I watched the Next Generation regularly when it was new, but I can watch the orginal episoded again and again. I think they are more entertaining and more re-watchable.

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2004 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Lynne said...

I think I have watched more of those than I care to admit. I mean watched obsessively. I'll admit to the occasional viewing of just about any show ;)

 
At June 20, 2004 at 6:53 PM , Blogger James said...

How exactly would you define the watching of a show "obsessive?" A few of these, I had a tough time deciding if they were shows I watched regularly or obsessively. The four I have in bold are the ones that, if new episodes or episodes I haven't seen were coming out, I would schedule my day around it. "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything tonight. A new episode of Buffy is on." That kind of thing. When I first discovered the original Star Trek, I would spend the whole week looking forward to when they played the repeats of the original Trek on Sunday. I read Star Trek novels and comic books. I was part of the Star Trek cult. The other shows I bolded were the same situation when I first discovered them.

 
At June 21, 2004 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Lynne said...

If you consider yourself part of the [insert name of tv show here] cult, I think you safely say that you watch the show obsessively. Ditto for scheduling one's day around it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home