Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Movie Meme
Movie-Made Trivia

First movie you can remember seeing? "My Mom's Having a Baby." It was an "Afterschool Special." I was about two years old and my sister had just been born. After that, I remember seeing"Battlestar Galactica" on TV and "The Empire Striked Back" in the theatres.

Last movie you saw that you loved? Farenheit 9/11. Before that: Spiderman 2.

First movie you saw on a date? I can't remember seeing any movies with my first two girlfriends. Strange. The first date movie I remember was a date with this girl named Michelle. We went to see Bram Stoker's Dracula. It turned out she had never read the book and had no clue who or what Dracula was. Still, we both enjoyed the movie and the night.

First movie you can remember that you disagreed strongly with the critics/reviews about? Pulp Fiction. I'm not sure what the critics said, but I remember a lot of people raving about it. I ended up seeing it twice in the theatre (once at the cheap shows) and never figured out what the appeal was.

What movie have you dreamed about? The most? When I was a kid, I used to have dreams/nightmares about Darth Vader a lot.

A secret thing you did in a darkened theater: Sadly, I've done nothing exciting or secret in a darkened theatre.

Ever lied about something so you could see a movie? Just to see a movie? No, but I've been lied to. Let me just say this: Amadeus is NOT a comedy. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

The worst movie you ever saw and the best thing about it: The Addiction, it's an arthouse vampire flick that proved to me that even Christopher Walken can not make a movie worth seeing if the script is bad enough.

Your favorite movie and the worst thing about it: Bladerunner. The worst thing was the original (theatrical) version's fairy tale ending. The Director's Cut is flawless. :)

A movie you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoyed: Mortal Kombat

Best adaptation of a novel? Fellowship of the Ring. It made Tolkein enjoyable to me.

One person you’ve never seen a movie with but would like to sometime: Jeremy Z.

What kind of movie you’d like to see with that person: A really stupid B action movie, because I think his take on it would be hilarious.

To understand something about you, people need to see this movie: Superman.

Movie that surprised you (with plot twists, etc.) the most? Scream. Carla and I kept throwing out guesses through the whole movie who the killer was and at some point everyone was a suspect.

List by title: saddest/ funniest/ scariest/ overrated/ underrated:

Saddest: Tale of a Vampire
Funniest: Mallrats
Scariest: It's been years since I've seen it and it may not be as scary as I remember, but Witchboard gets my vote.
Overrated: Pulp Fiction
Underrated: Excalibur

A movie you haven’t seen yet but you really want to? Justice League: Starcrossed

A movie character you could really relate to, or even wish you could be like? Not sure.

When I say the word, you say the first movie that comes to mind: The Village

If you were a movie what genre would you be filed under at the video store? Documentary/Special Interest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home