Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, May 20, 2002

Friday
I came home from work and had dinner with Carla. After dinner, she left. Yeah, I'm living "La Vida Bachelor." I started the "James Film Series", where I will watch all the movies I like that Carla can't stand. The Film series started off with a bang last night as I watched the 1979 "classic", Battlestar Galactica.

Vanilla Coke
The deli downstairs at my work has it in. It's....interesting. I think I like it. I hope they are coming out with a Diet Vanilla Coke.

Saturday
Started the day by mowing the lawn and doing yard work. In the afternoon, I went over to Cody's to play some Warhammer 40K. The Necron book is out and I was looking forward to seeing how my Necron army fared with the new rules. They did admirably. I didn't win the scenario, but they came close. Cody and I set up a tough scenario for me to play.

Changeling: The Shattered Crystal
Played Changeling on Sunday. Neither Carla or Neil was there, so I wanted to focus the game on wrapping up the more mundane subplots in the game. I realized quick that when characters are toting around the Holy Grail and The Sword of Light, they lose interest in dealing with the little things. The whole "saving the world" thing becomes more important to them. Go figure.

The next game should wrap up this campaign and then we'll take a break for a couple of months before returning. The new game should be able to continue some of the abandoned subplots from the current game.

Affirmitive Action
I'm a believer. I wasn't always. I used to think that the only way for a truly equal society was for every person to be judged by their own merits without skin color coming in to the equation in any way. As I grew up and saw how the world really worked I realized it wasn't that easy. At least affirmitive action is a step in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home