Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, May 11, 2002


Which Piercing are you?



Tarot
I haven't read the Tarot in a while, so I just did a reading with a deck Carla and I found in New Orleans. I usually use the Rider-Waite, but this deck has some great art. I have several decks, but everytime I have tried to use a different deck in the past, the reading has come out as indecipherable jibberish. The reading that I just did wasn't the clearest reading I have ever had, but it was pretty accurate. It took the question in my mind and laid out the situation pretty well in the cards. I could see the people involved represented as certain cards and the card that came out in the first position is exactly the card I was thinking about pulling out as a significator. The reading seemed very positive. The final card for the spread was The Magician, which is always nice to see as an outcome.

Where have I been?
I haven't blogged in a few days. I've started to, but not known what to write. Why not? Maybe, because I've had nothing to complain about. It's easier to write about something you are angry about. Rants come easy, but I've even been happy at work the last couple of days.

Sinuses
I guess I could complain about the horrible sinus headache I had Thursday. It was so bad, I had to leave work early. I could complain but I won't. I stayed home from Champions, giving myself another week to plan the first Checkmate adventure, and when my headache went away in the evening I spent some quality time with the many-layered onion girl.

Veggies
Carla and I still have some meat to finish in the fridge, but other than two dinners we cooked out of that meat in the fridge, I have completely avoided meat. I feel great and I am eating less. I am mainly doing this for spiritual reasons, but I am pleasantly remembering the health benefits.

Why is it so hard to admit that I am doing it for spiritual reasons? Am I afraid that people are going to think I am going to start shoving my beliefs down their throats? (I won't. Don't worry.) Maybe it's because of growing up surrounded by the christian faith. When you have spent your life surrounded my a majority religion that actively tries to convert people by telling them if they don't conform they will suffer eternal torment, you develop defense mechanisms. When I gave up meat before, I didn't admit to people that it was partially for spiritual reasons. Rather than be told I was "a dirty heathen that would burn in a lake of fire," I told people a selfish reason they would understand. I told everyone who asked that it was for health reasons and I think I fooled myself in to believing it. (OK- most Christians would never say something as obviously offensive as the lake of fire bit, but that is what most of them believe, right? By not accepting Christ as my savior and not agreeing with their sense of morality, I get a ticket for the Hellrails with the rest of the heathens.) Hmmm.... and I said I had nothing to write. I better stop now, before I have to add a warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home