Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, September 29, 2002

Thought Train
Wendi and Sean's housewarming party was last night. They threw a great party. (Of course, with the group of people that was there, you can't go wrong.) Wendi and Sean have a very nice house. Seeing them settling into their new house made me really wish our house would sell so we could move into a cool house too.

Carla ended up having to work late, so she had to cancel at the last minute. Her work has been keeping her late all this week.

I can't wait until this project Carla's working on is over, not only because I don't like seeing her tired all the time but because I'm also not getting to spend much time with her. While she has been home, she's been too tired to even talk. She's playing Final Fantasy at night which seems to be helping her unwind.

Does "absence make the heart grow fonder?" I'm a firm believer that it does. Every time that something has caused Carla and I to see less of eachother, I've been more aware of how important she is to me. When she's not around, I can feel something missing. Then, when she's here I feel more aware of her and I'm happy she's here, even if we're not doing something together. Even if she's in a different room playing Final Fantasy, I'm happy that shes around.

While we were living in Ft. Wayne, Carla took the job in Ann Arbor. She stayed at her brother's during the week and drove home very other weekend, while I packed and tried to sell the house down there. Those weekends that she came home were the best.

Change of topic: I was driving home from work this afternoon and saw a bumber sticker that said "Think Green- Save the Planet." It was on an SUV. I wondered if the driver had any idea how ironic that was.

Carla drives an SUV...sort of. It's a Tracker, so it's a smaller one. It's not as bad on gas as the bigger ones. We both want to get more fuel effecient cars in the future and it's starting to sound more and more like a reality.

I'm really tired today. I stayed later at the party than I planned to and didn't get home until one. That's not usually that bad, but I drank a little alchohol last night and I think it reacted bad with the new medicine my doctor has me on for my sinuses. Sure, it said not to drink alchohol while taking this medicine, but they always say that, don't they? Well, I din't even drink enough last night for a buzz, but have been feeling like I have a hangover all day. I don't get hangovers. With the exception of a few times with wine, I've never had ill effect from alchohol. (Hence, I don't drink wine.) Last night all I drank was Guinness. It must be the medicine. Stupid medicine.

Carla just called. She's on her way home from the Baby Shower she threw for a friend today. We're going out to eat tonight. We usually try to go out to a restaurant once a week together. It's nice. It's date night. Usually, we go out on Friday nights.

Wel, this train of thought post needs to come to end. I'll type more later.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home