Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, October 22, 2002

New Tara: Beginnings
The first session (or Season Premiere) of my new campaign, "Kingdom of Lost Children" was Sunday night. We've got a good group. I sent a call out for new players last week and ended up with a pretty full group.

The first session introduced all but one of the main characters. The setting and first scenario wasn't completely solid in my mind yet when we started, so I had to wing some things. Also, I didn't know for sure what the new players would be playing, so I had to figure out how to work them in.

In the adventure, the characters met and defended a Frankenstein-like monster from the police, stole rare scarabs from the Boston Museum of Natural History and generally got to know eachother.

What went right: Everyone got to play (with the exception of Kris who was finishing her character). Noone wants to come to a game and not get a chance to play. I'd like to take credit for making sure that all characters were involved but much of the credit has to go to the players. They are a cooperative bunch as well as being excellent roleplayers. They knew how hard it can be to get a group together in the first game and they helped. The best part was seeing how everyone broke into groups and continued roleplaying while I was busy GMing with other characters. I found that to be a compliment to me that players were interested enough in the plot to continue discussing it and a compliment to the group that they

What went wrong: I knew I wanted to make a street map for the nighborhood before the game and sure enough there was several times I wished I had it.

Lesson learned:Never give players omens of things that they are not meant to prevent. I started one Vampire-to-be as a mortal in the game and made the mistake of giving another character an omen of what would happen to him. That character told another and the next thing I know there are two Sidhe (a type of Fae) protecting the future vamp. Luckilly things ended up working out by the end of the episode.

I'm looking forward to the next session with this group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home