Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, November 01, 2002

I Knew Her
I knew her.

I knew what kind of woman I could love with all my heart. I thought of all the traits that she would have and when I knew everything that would make her be the woman I'd love, I asked the universe to let me know when I saw her. I asked the universe to let me not only see her outer beauty but her inner beauty as well.

A few months later, I saw her. She didn't see me at the time. In fact, we didn't actually meet until a few days later. She was talking to a guy, a customer where we both worked and she was smiling. There was something in her smile. It may sound cheesy, but everything about her was in her smile and it was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. I was shaken. I think my heart actually skipped as I paused to look at her. I knew. It was her.

Today is our five year anniversary. We have had our ups and downs and sometimes I have even forgotten. Then she'll smile that same smile I saw on her that day and I remember.

Happy Anniversary, Carla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home