Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 20, 2003

My Weekend
On Saturday, I went to the peace protest in Ann Arbor. Their were a few hundred people there. It was freezing cold, so I half-expected it to have a small turnout. I was glad to see I was wrong. I'll try to write more about the protest later. Saturday night, I rented Romeo Must Die for Carla and I to watch. It was..so-so. It had a couple good martial arts scenes and a decent plot but the script was horrible and noone in it could act. I was in the mood for a martial arts movie and had gone to rent Van Damme's Bloodsport. Laugh if you will, but I think Bloodsport was one of the best Martial Arts movies. It had a solid plot and decent acting, but best of all you get to see a whole bunch of people fight using completely different styles. We played Champions Thursday night and Jubei was involved in a martial arts tournament. Ever since then, I've had Bloodsport stuck in my head. Blockbuster didn't have Bloodsport so I was out of luck. I should have rented Enter the Dragon.

On Sunday we had the New Tara game. It was fun. I don't think the game is working out quite like I had wanted, but I've got some really good players (and I'm not just saying that because some of them read this page) and the game has a whole lot of potential. I just need to go back to a more structured plot than what I have been doing. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that. In the previous campaign, I saddled the players with a quest. I don't want to do that again. Still, this last session worked out where everyone was together for the end....a combat that could have been left out and should have been run diceless, by my own rules. ("If the combat isn't integral to the plot, don't roll dice.") You see, at the end of the scenario, I wanted to hint that these "dream-creatures" who the players had seen in the real world had also been plaguing the dreaming. I wanted them to have an encounter with some but it didn't need to be a full-blown combat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home