Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, May 05, 2003

Weekend Update
This weekend just flew by. Friday Evening, Carla and I went out to dinner with friends to see X2. It rocked. 'Nuff said. Saturday was John's AFDS game. I'm still struggling to find Griffin's voice, but I think I realized near the end whgat has been missing from the character. Right at the beginning of the campaign I made a character decision that was very much out of character, because I didn't want him to disrupt the game for the other players, and I've been struggling with him ever since. Perhaps, I'll post more on that later. Sunday, Carla and I went to our niece's confirmation and listened to a pastor that reconfirmed every negative feeling I've ever had towards the Christian church. Reading some great spiritual scriptures in his sermon, he turned them around and, in my opinion, took everything spiritual out of the message. He made it all about telling the confirmees that they must conform and that they must attend church regularly or they'll end up in jail and a horrible person, like all those non-christians out there. (He actually said at one point that all the people who don't have Christ out there are turning evil. He stopped just short of the word heathen. Thanks, but I think I'm turning out OK.) I'd say it was the second worst sermon I had ever heard. When we get back to my sister-in-law's house for the confirmation party, the first thing she said was "So, what did you think of that sermon?" I panicked until I realized that she was talking to her friend who was standing next to me. After the party, I went by the comic shop for "Free Comic Book Day," but all teh good comics were already gone. I picked up an Archie Comic and a Donald Duck comic to give to LT for Fi. Luckilly, the trip to the comic shop wasn't a complete bust for me, as I found a bunch of White Wolf and DC Universe RPG books for $1 a piece. I'd never have bought them at regular price, but the DC books are nice sourcebooks, even though the game itself sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home