Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, July 26, 2003

Meet the Press
Gen. Wesley Clark was on Meet the Press back on June 15th. On it I guess he revealed that five hours after the terrorist attacks of 9-11-01, he received a call from a white house official. Clark didn't name names but said, "I was on CNN and I got a call at my home saying, 'You got to say this is connected. This is state-sponsored terrorism. This has to be connected to Saddam Hussein.' I said, 'I'm willing to say it but what's your evidence?' and I never got any evidence."

Five hours later. Most of the nation was still reeling from the news. The White House was already working to turn this into their excuse to start a war that Cheney and Rumsfeld had been wanting for years. (See the 1998 letter that "Project for a New American Century", the neo-conservative group that Cheney and Rumsfeld belonged to, sent to Clinton asking him to invade Iraq to make America stronger in the next century.)

EDIT- I found this article from FAIR (Faitness and Accuracy in Reporting) on the comments by Clark and the suprisingly little coverage it received.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home