Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, October 06, 2003

Columbus Day: The Conquest of Paradise
In Fourteen-Hundred and Ninety-Three, Columbus stole all he could see.

I've already posted my Columbus rant last year, so I won't go into it. (For those of you who haven't read it, you can find it here.)

Still, Patrick reminds me of one one thing I miss about Interfirst. Even though I don't agree with giving a mass-murderer like Columbus (or "Saint" Patrick) a holiday, it's always nice to get a paid day off.

OK....I know I just said I wouldn't rant, but I just have to say this. The thing that really upsets me about the Columbus story is that the descriptions from his journals make the pre-Spaniard "Indian" society sound like a paradise on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home