Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, December 28, 2003

Signs of Getting Old
When "stoners" no longer refers to those lovable pot-smoking metalheads, but people afflicted with Kidney Stones.

I've done some reading. There's a lot of different takes on what can help spmeone from having a recurring kidney stone problem, but about 60% of males tend to have repeat problems.

The main thing they say is drink lots of fluids, mainly water of course.

...and cut down on caffeine or cola seems to be a common tip. Between this being a tip for this and a tip for people with sinus problems, you'd think I'd get the clue. I've managed to avoid cola all day but it has been calling to me. I'm on my fourth 20 oz of water instead.

I'm in a hell of a lot of pain right now. It's almost as bad as the night I went to the emergency room. I've been taking the Ibuprofen the doctor prescribed me but with no help. Now all I can think of is getting home to my Vicoden prescription bottle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home