Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, May 06, 2002

Rants
I put a warning for a reason. I am not pointing fingers or judging anyone, so please do not take it that way. I tend to sound judgemental when I start ranting, but I guess that's just my style. I say what I feel like it is the truth because for me it is. That doesn't mean that I think you are wrong if you have a different opinion. It just means that it is true for me.

My post yesterday was not a response to anyone else's post. It is my opinion, not a reaction to anything anybody else said. I have been saying this same crap for years and poor Carla has had to sit through my "human beings have to quit breeding" rant way too many times. Luckilly for me, Carla doesn't want kids, so she doesn't take much offense from my comments.

There is a couple that Carla and I have been friends with for some time. They have a little girl and they constantly tell us how great it is to be parents and how we should know that joy. There is no greater feeling, blah, blah, blah. One of the times my friend told me that maybe we were to selfish for kids. (If I was reacting to anyone yesterday it was him.) Well this set me off in to my age old rant with him about people who reproduce being selfish. If they weren't selfish, wouldn't they adopt instead? That's the way I see it and he pushed the buttons to make me tell him. Of course, we're still friends. He has been friends with me for years and he knows how I am when I speak my beliefs. They still tell us about how great it is to be a parent and I still rant about human overpopulation.

I will probably go off on more topics in the future. Originally, when I started this blog I meant to write about topics which are important to me, like the human population problem. This seemed like a great way for me to write in a journal about things like that. I also wasn't originally going to let my friends know I had a blog, so I could speak freely. Since my blog quickly became public knowledge I have since censored myself. Well, with the kids/uterus topic that travelled through the blogs last week, I felt that it was time for me to cut loose. After all, you didn't want the watered down version, did you?

Of course, now the Buddha in me is reminding me that my opinions are just another part of my ego and maybe I should just relax a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home