Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, May 26, 2002

Today
I woke up with an allergy/sinus headache. They have been really bad for the last week. I'm not sure if it's the weather change or pollen in the air, but it's getting really old. (Trust me, I get them more often than I mention them in my blog.) I meditated for a little bit and then forced myself to go outside and do yard work. Usually I can enjoy yardwork, but not when I'm not feeling good. One of my friendly neighbors lets me use his lawnmower since it's much better than mine, making the job a whole lot easier than it would be. Then after cleaning up, I went to Ryder's to play a pick-up game of 40K. I also stopped at Borders Outlet while I was out and bought some books. I spent the afternoon reading, watching TV and organizing my comic books. The box of "giveaway comics" has some new additions. There are so many comics that I own and will probably never reread. Many comics aren't worth holding on to. Of course, there are also the "must-keeps". I came across The Watchmen while cleaning and set them aside to re-read as well as the old Suicide Squad comics. I also found a Madame Xanadu comic from the early 80's that I bought and never read. I read it tonight and really enjoyed it. Madame Xanadu appeared in the 80's run of the Spectre (another "must-keep") and acted as a spiritual advisor to Jim Corrigan and The Spectre (during the 80's run they were two seperate characters). It was neat to see a comic where she was the main character and the comic also had a neat poster insert by Michael Kaluta.

Anybody want Judge Dredd comics? Lobo? Hey, there's a good reason I'm giving these comics away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home