Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Work
During my lunch I went to blog. I was going to tell you how much worked sucked. I stopped myself. I realized that when I go online during lunch, its usually to quit thinking about work. So, I blogged about gaming instead. You lucked out.

It was only a temporary reprieve. I usually enjoy my job. Really, I do. Right now, work sucks. It does for most people. I know that. However, my work has just reached a new level of suckiness. Lately we have been so short-staffed in my department that we have been hopelessly behind on all of our deadlines. I usually am very good at not stressing out about crap like. After all, it's just work. When I leave for the day, the work doesn't come home with me.

Well, I found out this morning that we will be getting no more employees. They recently fired someone in my department (I mentioned her here before. She was the one that never worked.) and they won't even replace her. The company had decided that until the industry (the mortgage industry) improves, we don't need more people. Never mind the fact that my department's work load isn't affected as much by the level of the industry. Who cares if they are now leaving us with less employees for the department then a year and a half ago when the industry was even slower than it is right now?

Since I started in my department a year and a half ago, I have seen them add more and more responsibilities to our department. They always said that they would eventually add new positions. We have never been able to complete all of the jobs they give us before without working overtime. Today they tell us that the someday that we hoped would come....the day when we would have enough employees to get the jobs done right and on time was a lie. Instead, we are now expected to get everything done with one less person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home