Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, January 31, 2003

Mutants and Masterminds
My usual Champions group played Mutants and Masterminds last night. M&M is a new superhero RPG that is based on the D20 (D&D) system. They made some great changes to the rules and I was extremely impressed with it. I read the d20 pen gaming license a while back when I was thinking about the possibility of writing The Dreaming City as a d20 suppliment and I was given the impression that you couldn't change the level system in a d20 product and that was part of what discouraged me fro mdoing so. (Level-based roleplaying systems bother me.) However, M&M changed how characters build off of experience. They didn't put the d20 logo one their cover and maybe that was why they could do so. The other thing they changed was the damage system and its.....genius. It's one of those things that leaves you asking, "why didn't I think of that?" Anyways, I'll be stopping at Borders this weekend to order myself a copy.

Oh and in other Champions related news- Last week, Jubei learned he has a daughter he never knew about and she seems to have some abandonment issues (she wants to kill Jubei). Neil can be a damned evil GM sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home