Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, March 29, 2002

Tenchi and Comics
I re-watched Tenchi Forever while organizing my comics tonight. I don't collect many comics these days, but I haven't been putting them away for months. I just haven't had room in my comic boxes for new comics. So, tonight I went through them and set some in the "giveaway box." Currently the only comics I have been buying are The Spectre, Green Arrow and JLA. I occasionally pick up a Batman or Superman comic.

The Spectre has been my favorite these days. In the old days, Jim Corrigan was the Spectre and he was a ghost who avenged the wrongfully murdered. It was a cool concept and under certain writers it really worked. (My favorite Spectre series was the 80's run where Corrigan and The Spectre were seperate entities and they would argue about the ethics of the Spectre's vengeance.) The current run has Hal Jordan as the Spectre and he has changed the role from a Spirit of Vengeance to a Spirit of Redemption. The writer on the new series, DeMattais is doing some amazing things with the character.

I've also been on a Jack Kirby kick for the last year. I really like his writing and art from the late 60's and early 70's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home