Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, April 05, 2002

Champions
We played Champions last night. Well, actually we spent most of the night joking around and chewing the fat. I think some of my favorite roleplaying game sessions have been the ones where we don't end up getting much roleplaying done.

In other Champions news, Hero System 5th edition is out. Neil, generous guy that he is, gave me a copy. They've made a few changes to the rules, but it doesn't look like any of the rule changes are going to affect my current characters.

I like the design for the new book. They have just included the rules in the basic rulebook, making it more of a generic RPG like GURPS. During the next couple of years, they are planning on coming out with genre books that add rules specific to certain genres and setting books that describe worlds to base your games in. Champions is one of the first genre books they plan to release. Personally, I love this approach because when I used to run Champions, I never used any of the setting information or characters that they included. Now people can just buy the rules if they want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home