Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, April 02, 2002

Celtic Myth
I was thinking about why I have been enjoying the Celtic Myths so much lately. I think I like them because I keep finding completely different versions of the myths. In some the Tuatha de Danaan were gods who came down from the sky, while in others they were invaders from Europe (or other islands) who later became gods. In one version of Nuada's tale I read today it says that Nuada took back the throne of the Tuatha de Danaan after he received the silver arm, while in most versions I've read he didn't take the throne back from Bress until after his hand was completely healed. I'm having fun reading all the different versions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home