Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, February 08, 2002

Killer Ice
I slipped on the ice as I was heading out to play Chainmail Wednesday night. Some of the snow had melted during the day and had refrozen at the bottom of our steps by the time I left. I stepped down off the step and suddenly started sliding forward. Bringing my other foot down to try and stop myself, I suddenly found myself airborne with my feet flying up in the air in front of me. I let go of my bag to put my hands down to break my fall. I saw my bag go flying up in the air as I came down hard on the pavement. I think I pulled a muscle in the experience, but luckfully managed to escape with no major injuries. My head hit the pavement, but I don't think I have anything too vital there. ;) Now, I have been on the lookout for the killer ice. I chased it away that night with rock salt (also known as Ice-bane), but I found it again last night waiting for me or some other unwary traveller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home