Nuadha's Tale

Ignorance can be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it. -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Morpheus Calling
I have been planning my Ambercon games and I came up with the background for one of the NPCs today. Since the basis of the game is characters finding out that everything they know as life is an illusion, I was thinking of how different people react to that. I was picturing this character who had this strong sense of duty to his family and friends. He spent his life trying to help people. He had just married a woman whom he deeply loved and his life was great. Then Morpheus called. I am not sure if I will work him into the game. He could be a very complex character and he could offer some great roleplaying challenges to the players, but he may be a little too much. Also, I think he may be an emotionally draining character to play. I used to do a one-man play about a character who comitted suicide explaining the events that led up to the act. I wrote it for a Drama class I was in and it was so well received in the class that I went and performed it at a few open mic nights. Whenever I played this character I would be completely exhausted afterwords. If I played a character like that while GMing and then had to switch to another character, I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home